Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tim Tebow is my Savior?

My strategy this year was to wait on starting QB, get a couple of mid-value guys, then shuffle them in-and-out of the lineup depending on the weekly matchup.

I felt pretty good about coming away with Joe Flacco and Jay Cutler.  What a mistake.  Cutler, through no fault of his own, cannot stay upright.  And Flacco has been mediocre.  On a weekly basis, I feel that I am already down 10 points to my opponents going into any matchup.  Hell, they could have Rex Grossman going and I still don't feel confident that Flacco or Cutler will post 20 plus points (we get 6 points for any TD in our league). 

Therein lies my strategic problem.  With the value of TD's at 6 points, QB is vital to success in our league. 

Okay, hindsight is 20/20.  What to do now? 

Call in the Savior...Tim Tebow.  Granted, I have to wait another week, but he could be this fantasy season's Michael Vick.  This is for fantasy, I don't give a crap if Denver losses the rest of their games.  I just want Tim "Fantasy Savior" Tebow out there, running, throwing, catching, punting, kicking, tackling...whatever it takes to score points.

In limited action last weekend, he put up 17 fantasy points in a standard scoring league.  In my league, that would have been good for 18 points.  In one half!!!  Last season he averaged 25 points per game in the last 3 games of the season (in my league, it was slightly better at 28.33 ppg). 

So, I am going with Tebow.  My season may be over (I have Andre Johnson as my #1 point-getter.  Ouch.), so at least I can holdover Tebow for next-to-nothing for next year. 

Tebow in 2012.  I like the sound of that.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Teblow is gonna be benched soon so good luck with the sound of Teblow in 2012.

    ReplyDelete