Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When to throw in the towel?

For those of us in leagues that have holdovers and are 1-4 or 0-5, when is the time to start trolling for holdovers?

In my money league, not only am I off to a slow start at 1-4, but my best player is...you guessed it Andre Johnson.  The same Andre Johnson that cost me over 25% of my budget and is out for who knows how long.  The rest of my lineup is suspect, too.  Cutler/Flacco at QB, Cedric Benson at RB, Brandon Lloyd as my number 2 WR. 

I have already been offered Jamaal Charles straight up, he would only cost me $16 or less than 10% of my budget next year.  If I were 0-5, I would probably take that deal and start planning for next year.  However, I think I'll stick it out until I get to 6 losses.  That could happen very soon, of course, but we will see.

I think everyone should stick with it until they get to the 6 loss mark...by week 7.  I have seen teams run off 5, 6, or even 7 game winning streaks.  Anything can happen.  Say you started out 1-4 or 0-5, then run off 6 straight?  You are back in it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment