Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sleepers? Let them rest...

Having a short list of sleepers is a great idea.  But the question is, what good is the list if you have to roster 2 or 3 guys and pass up on roster flexibility?

And does Christopher Harris really want to take credit for pinpointing Arian Foster as a sleeper?  One full year before he got the starting job?  So, what...for those in keeper leagues we were supposed to roster Foster (I like that) and kill a spot in 2009 in the off chance that Ben Tate gets injured and Steve Slaton gets the dropsies? 

I am not saying don't have a list of sleepers, but have them at the ready when an injury pops up.  For instance...Kendall Hunter looks great (in preseason) and if I have Frank Gore I am definitely looking to add him to my roster.  But Hunter is only worth keeping if Gore gets hurt. 

My recommendation?  Pick the top 10 offenses...find the weak link in each offense...locate the player that steps in for that weak link when an injury happens.  Most important, be at your computer when that happens to put a claim in on your awakening sleeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment